Looking for another date or time?
The class will be held when the minimum number of people signup. We may cancel the class if we don’t have enough people. In that case we will refund the full amount.
Please note, we can replace/remove ingredients as long as we are given a prior notice on your booking.
We would welcome you contacting us before booking to check on the suitability of ingredients used in the menu if you have any dietary requirements.Otherwise, please inform us of any dietary requests on booking. If we do not get prior notice we cannot amend arrangements.
This lesson is dedicated to Tofu lovers and those who want to expand the repertoire of your tofu dishes.
Get to know your Tofu!
In this lesson, we will first introduce you to many different kinds of tofu and a variety of tofu products which are available in a supermarket.
– Momen Tofu (firm tofu)
– Kinu Tofu (silk tofu)
– Yaki Tofu (grilled tofu)
– Koya Tofu (freeze-dried tofu)
– Atsuage (thick deep-fried tofu)
– Aburaage (thin deep-fried tofu)
– Ganmodoki (deep-fried tofu with vegetables)
– Okara (soy pulp)
– Yuba (tofu skin, soy milk skin)
We make it easier and more fun to make this healthy food a dietary staple with at least 3 easy-to-prepare recipes!
For the main dish, please choose either Agedashi Tofu, Atsuage Stir-fry or Niku Tofu.
– Agedashi Tofu : deep-fried tofu served in a savory dashi broth with a few garnishes. It is a completely vegetarian Japanese food. I recommend Ageashi Tofu to those who are looking for non-meat dishes!
– Atsuage Stir-fry : stir-fried eggplant and deep-fried tofu in pork/chicken & miso sauce. This a little spicy and savory dish whets your appetite! I can eat several bowls of rice with it.
– Niku Tofu : sliced beef and tofu cooked in a pot and seasoned with soy sauce and sugar. It tastes very much like Sukiyaki but it’s a more casual and simple home cooking dish for everyday meals.
For the side dishes, we will choose two dishes that match the main dish from the following menu.
– Gomoku Kinchaku : vegetables, tofu and ground chicken stuffed in tofu pouches, and simmered in dashi
– Oage Pizza : thin deep-fried tofu with savory miso sauce and cheese
– Shiraae : rich tofu paste salad with seasonal vegetable or fruit
– Grilled Atsuage : Simple & easy to make but this is the most popular way Japanese eat Atsuage. Izakaya (Japanese tavern) staple menu!
* A welcome drink and a glass of wine, beer or sake are included. Bringing in your own bottles is welcome!* Menus are subject to change based on the availability of items in the market.
Please check our Terms and Conditions to see details.
Your request was sent successfully!
Hi! I'm Junko, the owner of JJ Kitchen in Tokyo. Supporting me is my good foodie friend, Eiko.We love to cook, eat, and drink with our friends. We talk nonstop about the foods and drinks we’re interested in, and often enjoy throwing home parties with friends on the weekends. The happy smiles of our guests are the biggest treat for us. We will welcome you to our kitchen with all our hearts :)
Dear our wonderful members and guests,It is with deep sadness to announce that we have decided to close JJ Kitchen for the time being.During the past 5 years, we have enjoyed cooking and discussing cultural issues with each and everyone. However, Junko had a stroke in June and is currently in the hospital undergoing physiotherapy. Since we do not know how long this will take, we have come to the conclusion to close our doors. For those of you that still have our vouchers, we will be contacting you separately.For JJ Kitchen members, we will contact you regarding future lessons.We thank you all for the love and support you have shown JJ Kitchen, and we hope that we can cook together again.